Thursday, January 15, 2015

Economy Block Quilt


I'm finally sharing pics of this quilt. I finished it ages ago, but I just didn't get around to blogging about it. 

A while back there was a quilt-along for the economy blocks. To construct the blocks, I followed a tutorial from Rita / Red Pepper Quilts. I used a stack of fabric odds and ends that had accumulated randomly on my cutting table, so this quilt is pretty representative of fabrics I'd used or purchased around that time. The blocks came together pretty easily, and I made blocks until I was bored with them.


Of course I floated the blocks in a field of Moda Bella Strawberry, which is one of my absolute favorites. I also quilted the quilt densely, using a swirl/floral pattern in the blocks, and a channeled quilting in the border. I'm pretty much in love with this quilt. I don't have a use or need for it, but it's just for me. 


Unfortunately it wasn't chosen for the show at Quiltcon, so maybe I'll put it out there for another show. I haven't found the time to do that just yet though. Maybe one day this one will hang in a show near you! 


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I really like how your quilting enhances the negative space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I made blocks till I was bored with them" It's a rather unusual approach but I really like your style with this traditional block. The prints you used are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete