Thursday, February 21, 2013

QuiltCon: Friday.


Whew! What a day! Quilt people really are the best! I'm here at QuiltCon and I'll give you some highlights. I'm not exactly sure how I'll format the posts throughout the weekend, but tonight we'll do it pretty quick. I have already taken 30 pictures... head over to Flickr where you can see a few more than I'm sharing here.

Weekender in action!

My plane was delayed so I got to take the bus into town with Elaine (her flight got in just before mine did). It was really great to talk again in person! And we got to do our EEE swapping too. More on that another day.

Charlotte with her Fractured quilt! 

I met Charlotte! Ahhh! She's really great and says "orange" in a very English way. Seriously I've lucked out in the roommate department! (Mimi is our roomie too, but she was busy in the afternoon). We've had such a good time together. Emily, Charlotte and I wandered around the convention center. Flitting from one booth to the next, and pausing to see certain quilts along the way. I'll have to make a proper tour of the booths at another day, but we had fun rambling around.


I met some pretty awesome people today. I met Alex Veronelli (from Aurifil!) - I got a great picture with him in the Moda photo-booth (if the internet weren't so slow I'd upload the picture - you'll have to wait to see that one). I also met the Threadbias team, Amanda and Alex - both of whom I've chatted with on threadbias. It was cool to see them there! 

I met Pinkbrain! 
I also briefly met Jen / Pinkbrain -who's one of the swap mama's for Doll Quilt Swap. We were supposed to meet for lunch but my flight came in too late for that. Hopefully we'll get together on Saturday for lunch. 


Yes, I did indeed meet my quilting idol Anna Maria Horner. She was just as lovely in real life as you would imagine. And, she did remember my quilt from last week that she'd commented on on Flickr. So sweet.


I got to hang out with a lot of great ladies (and Mark) at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild meetup. We ate at Moonshine Grill which was delicious. It was fun to really get to chat about our experiences so far etc. Also, Mark told us a bit about some color theory stuff that I need to hear again. It was great conversation there tonight. Elaine joined us too since she's technically still a guild member even though she moved.

We had a great time so far. The experience so far has been very social, which has been great. I'm looking forward to sitting in on some lectures tomorrow and trying my hand at long arm quilting with Angela Walters! 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing time - so glad you could be there and enjoy the amazement of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - looks like a lot of fun! I will have to go next year and meet you too!!!! I'm in the same Guild as Charlotte - she is brilliant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like sooo much fun. Pinkbrain is from my local guild in Montreal!!

    ReplyDelete