Monday, February 4, 2013

QuiltCon Countdown!



QuiltCon is coming up, are you going??

I'll be there from Thursday - Sunday and I'm excited to be taking a classes with Angela Walters and Elizabeth Hartman! I can't wait!

In talking about QuiltCon today with my Stitch & Bitch group, one of my friends suggested that we decide what our main goal for the weekend be (am I there to learn stuff, to be social, or to make industry connections?). 

Obviously I going for all three of those options, but I'm not sure what my focus for the weekend is (aside from meeting AMH - I have to meet her!. I really want to get a feel for some more intricate free motion quilting. Taking the class with Angela should definately help me toward that goal. Otherwise I'd love to meet some bloggers I've "known" for ages. If you're going to be there please speak up! Let's make plans for coffee or something! 

Until then... I'll be working on finishing my Weekender! :) 

5 comments:

  1. AMH is from here, just so you know. :) I keep hoping our guild will invite her in to speak to us. Anne Kelle came last year (or was it 2011?), and it was a really great day. Very inspirational even though I don't really use her prints much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMH is from here, just so you know. :) I keep thinking our guild will get her to come speak to us, but so far no luck. Anne Kelle came last year (or was it 2011?) and it was very inspirational even though I don't really use her prints much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm, only 15 days!!!?!?!?? hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm taking Angela's class during the Friday morning session. Is that the one you are taking? I think she's teaching it twice. I'm way excited and am also going for the exact same 3 reasons you stated, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete