Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A great, big, bald thank you!

Add caption
Last weekend I had the joy of shaving my head with St. Baldrick's Foundation. I shaved to raise money for childhood cancer research.

Thanks to a lot of very generous friends and relatives I've raised over $1300 (my goal was $1000)!! Here's a little insight for you, my niece Rosemarie is just 5 years old, and she's been fighting Neuroblastoma for 4 years. No, there is not a cure for her cancer. See why we're pretty diligent about fundraising? Because this sweet girl deserves to have more than hospital rooms and side effects!
How cute is Allie?
Ok back to the head shaving. We did it in Columbus Ohio - where my brother lives. Our team "Hope Warriors raised over $3000!!! There were eight of us who shaved. My dad even shaved his whole beard -- something he has done only once in about 35 years! I don't think I'd ever seen him without a beard!

All for our little Rosemarie!! She's my hero!
St. Baldrick's head shave parties are a lot of fun - ours took place at Fado Irish Pub and there were a lot of great people there (a couple of my best friends from college even!).

My dad, who knew that he looked like that under the beard!
He's holding what's left of the beard! Ew. lol.

Team Hope Warriors!

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing woman you are raising awareness and money for a great cause! Not to mention brave.

    I think you and your family are awesome people, and prayers for your niece. Cancer sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look mahvelous, dahling! :) So glad you more than met your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing thing! And I think you look great bald, it's a nice look on you :-)

    ReplyDelete