Monday, August 29, 2011

My job rocks!!!

Have I ever mentioned that I work for a used bookstore? One where we purchase books from the public to put on our shelves? Typically the spider-webby books aren't nearly as exciting as they were yesterday....

We have a couple local reviewing companies near our store... one reviewer comes in to see us to get rid of his office's extra review copies. (we love people like this - highly sell-able pretty books!)

Guess what was in there? A copy of this!!!


Can you believe it??!!! It's not released until November!! I remember seeing it mentioned somewhere.... and while I was processing reviewer guy's buy I put it on my "stash shelf" yes my work is cool like that - as the buyer I get first dibs! I nearly squealed while flipping through it while walking back for my lunch break... and I saw- Cathy Gaubert's kids. My brain hadn't recognized that I actually knew the author - until I saw and recognized her beautiful girls! Seriously everyone who likes minis should head over to amazon and pre-order this book!

And to make my day even brighter? The last part of the acknowledgments? Cathy thanked the creative inspiration of the Doll Quilt Swap. :) How sweet is that? I really fell hard for hand stitched tiny words because of Cathy's DQS9 quilt (unfortunately it didn't get sent to me!) Awesomeness! :) 


1 comment:

  1. I know that I would love to have a job in a bookstore! I think I applied at Barnes and Noble waaaaaaaay back in the day, and had an interview, but probably shouldn't have said that I wouldn't really like working in the coffee shop. Anyway, you are a lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete