Friday, November 5, 2010

Mug Rugs Again!


I've joined the second round of the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap. We have recently received our partners, and I'm all ready to get creating! The only thing is, I have a house guest sleeping in my sewing room! lol. Well we did manage to get to the Joann's (superstore) this week so I did pick out some cute Christmas-y fabric, including one of some sweet shoppers. I also (finally) have my hands on a couple yards of Kona Ash. It's been a long time coming for that! :) 

While I await the use of my sewing machine, I've been making some sketches of ideas for my partner's mug rug. I'm probably going to do one Christmas themed one and one regular one. We'll see... obviously last round I had a million in the works so I don't think sending two would be too much work!
And finally I'm starting to sew that binding down on Rosemarie's Quilt! I'm only going to do about half of the binding, then I'll bring it to Thanksgiving for my niece (Rosemarie's older sister Katee) to help me, she's awesome at sewing binding down! I figured it might be a nice sentiment for Katee to have a hand in this project as well. I'm making a bit of progress on Katee's quilt too - hopefully that will be nearly finished by thanksgiving too! Oh - and notice the raw edge up there, I stole this idea of writing prayers in the edges. I'm not sure who originally did it, or where I saw it... I'm pretty sure it was on the "Trudy's Arse Kicking Quilt" flickr group. It's a wonderful idea anyhow. I wrote this little prayer in the binding next to the block I made. Rosemarie will know she's not only wrapped in love with this quilt, but wrapped in prayer too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know that you finally managed to get your hands on some Kona Ash :-) I love that fabric with the shoppers...I may have to go look for it.

    I think it is a great idea to have Katee help sew that binding down, but I love even more the idea of writing prayers in the edges. I'm sure that I will be doing that in the future, now that I know about it.

    ReplyDelete